While we understand the current uncertainty and distress around COVID-19, we are moving forward as planned with our dual meeting NEI Max!, scheduled for November 5–8, 2020 in Colorado Springs.
We are assessing the appropriate sanitation and social distancing measures guided by the latest information from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the State of Colorado.
Together, NEI, The Broadmoor Hotel, and our Exhibition vendor (Freeman) are implementing the following steps to make NEI Max! a socially safe meeting:
General Sessions: to better protect our attendees, NEI is exploring the following
changes to provide safe distances for learning environments:
- Broadmoor staff to provide extra cleaning during breaks
- More organized Q&A sessions after speakers leave the stage to avoid crowding
- Mindful hand sanitizing stations and potential masks
- All sessions will be in compliance with guidance/regulations from the State of Colorado
Exhibit Halls: to better accommodate social distancing, NEI, The Broadmoor, and Freeman are planning the following:
- Wider aisles and "one way" traffic direction to allow for more space between attendees and exhibitors
- Spacing markers throughout the flooring as a reminder for safe networking conversations
- All food and beverage (F&B) stations will include a "host" to ensure safe F&B handling
Industry Symposia: to better protect our attendees, NEI is exploring the following:
- Broadmoor-designed meals, crafted individually to promote safe dining
- Larger ballroom spacing to allow for fewer attendees per table
- Broadmoor-designed tables "rethinking" for flexible social distancing
Virtual Attendance: to ensure that all healthcare practitioners have the opportunity to participate in this educational experience, NEI is:
- Providing a virtual experience to allow healthcare professionals to access their choice of session from their home or office
- CME Sessions will require a full paid registration
- Industry Sessions will be free but will require signing in
Register without worry! You can cancel and receive a full refund or convert your registration to the NEI Max! Virtual Experience until September 1, 2020—view our full cancellation policy here. Take advantage of early registration discounts (ending 6/30/20)!
We are very optimistic about coming together this November!
The NEI Team