COVID-19 Precautions & Requirements
The 2021 NEI Congress and pre-conference meetings are being held November 3–7, 2021 in Colorado Springs, CO and online via our simulcast. Full COVID-19 vaccination is required to attend this year's Congress in person and we request that proof of vaccination status be uploaded by Friday, October 22 at nei.global/pov
By participating in person, attendees agree to follow NEI’s COVID-19 Precautions & Requirements policy as mandated by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the federal, state, and local governments.
NEI Congress COVID-19 Protocols
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Full COVID-19 vaccination is required to attend this year's Congress in person. People are considered fully vaccinated:
Any attendee who has not previously submitted proof of vaccination or cannot show proof of vaccination onsite will be turned away at the door and restricted to viewing the sessions remotely.
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series such as the Pfizer of Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
Consistent with the state of Colorado, masks are encouraged for all NEI Congress attendees, faculty, and staff.
Social Distancing Policy
Our general session room, industry symposia, and exhibit hall have been designed to allow for social distancing. Stage-side Q&A discussions after faculty leave the stage is prohibited. Please refrain from handshakes and embracing as an extra precaution and continue to follow all CDC guidelines.
Ample hand sanitizer stations will be available, and we ask attendees to use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting general sessions and the exhibit hall. Lastly, anyone not feeling well should not attend any Congress events, but rather participate in our online simulcast from their hotel room.
If you have any questions, please contact our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by calling 888-535-5600.
Together, NEI, The Broadmoor Hotel, and our exhibition vendor (Freeman) are
implementing the following steps to make 2021 NEI Congress a socially healthy meeting:
NEI is incorporating the following changes to provide healthy distances for learning environments:
- We will follow local meeting capacity guidelines; as these numbers increase so will the registration capacity for the NEI Congress + pre-meetings
- Broadmoor staff will provide extra cleaning during breaks
- Stage-side Q&A discussions (after speakers leave the stage) will not be allowed
- All session rooms will follow guidance/regulations from the State of Colorado
- NEI’s Code of Conduct must be followed by all attendees, NEI staff, exhibitors, and industry personnel
to accommodate social distancing, we are planning the following:
- Wider aisles to allow for more space between attendees and exhibitors
- Spacing markers throughout the flooring as a reminder for networking conversations
- All food and beverage stations will include a "host" to ensure single handling of items
NEI is incorporating the following:
- Meals crafted individually to promote healthy dining
- Fewer attendees per table