policies and reminders
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Full refunds will be issued for cancellations that are received by March 16, 2020. Cancellations received after this date will incur a $75 processing fee. There will be no refunds issued for cancellations received after April 1, 2020 nor will they be issued to no-shows.
All registrants will receive a confirmation email after the order has been successfully processed. To ensure email delivery, add CustomerService@neiglobal.com to your contacts. Call (888) 535-5600 if you do not receive a confirmation email.
Registration is not guaranteed until full payment is received. NEI accepts: American Express, VISA, MasterCard or check (payable to Neuroscience Education Institute). All credit card and bank charges are the registrant's responsibility. Returned checks will incur a $35 fee, which must be paid before registration can be completed.
Only paid registrants wearing a conference badge will be allowed into general session and meal rooms. Throughout the conference, you will be asked to show your badge to enter these rooms. Note: the meeting venue does not have quiet rooms for parents to attend with babies.
Allergen-Free Meal Requests (submit by April 1, 2020)
To ensure your allergen-free or Kosher* meal onsite, please complete our allergen-free meal request form (online) by April 1, 2020. Allergen-free or Kosher meals requested onsite are not guaranteed. A vegetarian option will be available at all meals.
*Kosher meals are brought in from an off-site Kosher-certified vendor, and there is an additional cost associated with each meal. To help attendees financially, NEI will cover a portion of the extra cost and the attendee will be responsible for the balance.
NEI is committed to making its activities accessible to all individuals. If you have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and need an accommodation, contact NEI at (888) 535-5600 or CustomerService@neiglobal.com.
Only service animals (for persons with a disability) individually trained to do work or perform tasks directly related to their owner’s disability will be allowed at an NEI conference. All other animals are prohibited.
Attendees requesting accommodations for a service animal must complete a Service Animal Liability Waiver in order to receive pre-approval from NEI Synapse management.
Expectations of service animals and their owners include:
- Must have current vaccinations against rabies and other diseases common to this type of animal.
- Must wear a rabies vaccination tag.
- Must wear at all times an owner identification tag which includes the name and phone number of the owner.
- Must be in good health.
- Must be on a leash, harness or other type of restraint at all times.
To read more about the ADA’s definition of a service animal, click here.
- Must be in full control of the animal at all times. The care and supervision of the animal is solely the responsibility of the owner/partner.
- Must maintain reasonable service animal behavior (no barking, no lunging, no jumping on strangers, etc.) while at the conference. Owners of disruptive and/or aggressive service animals will be asked to remove them from the room. If the improper behavior happens repeatedly, the owner will be told to not bring the service animal into NEI conference rooms.
- Cleanliness of the service animal is mandatory. Consideration of others must be taken into account. The owner is expected to immediately clean and dispose of all animal waste.