policies and reminders
Registration and Payment Policy
Registration is not guaranteed until full payment is received. NEI does not hold reservations with missing or inaccurate information. Meetings can sell out early, so please register BEFORE making travel/hotel arrangements.
Onsite registration and meeting materials are not guaranteed; however, any registration completed onsite will be charged an additional $100 on top of the standard rate.
NEI accepts: American Express, VISA, MasterCard, or check (payable to Neuroscience Education Institute). All credit card and bank charges are the registrant's responsibility. Returned checks will incur a $35 fee, which must be paid before registration can be completed.
All registrants will receive a confirmation email after the order has been successfully processed. To view your receipt, log in to your NEI account and go to your “Order History.” To ensure email delivery, add CustomerService@neiglobal.com to your contacts. Call (888) 535-5600 if you do not receive a confirmation email.
Cancellation and Refund Deadlines
If cancelled by 9/1/20: Full refund
If cancelled 9/2/20-10/13/20: Refund minus $100 cancellation fee
If cancelled on or after 10/14/20: No refund
There will be no refunds issued to no-shows. NEI does not allow registration transfers to future NEI meetings or other individuals.
Only paid registrants wearing a meeting badge will be allowed into general session and meal rooms. Throughout the meeting you will be asked to show your badge to enter these rooms. Note: the meeting venue does not have quiet rooms for parents to attend with babies.
Allergy and Religious Dietary Meals
All meeting meals will have a vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free option. Meals not included as part of your meeting registration are your responsibility.
For meal requests based on allergies and religious dietary practices, please complete the Special Meal Request form by October 15, 2020, so we can be sure to have something for you during the meeting. We will strive to accommodate onsite requests, but please note that resources may be limited.
NEI is committed to making its activities accessible to all individuals. If you have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and need an accommodation, contact NEI at (888) 535-5600 or CustomerService@neiglobal.com.
Only service animals (for persons with a disability) individually trained to do work or perform tasks directly related to their owner’s disability will be allowed at an NEI conference. All other animals are prohibited.
Attendees requesting accommodations for a service animal must complete a Service Animal Liability Waiver in order to receive pre-approval from NEI Congress management.
Expectations of service animals and their owners include:
- Must have current vaccinations against rabies and other diseases common to this type of animal.
- Must wear a rabies vaccination tag.
- Must wear at all times an owner identification tag which includes the name and phone number of the owner.
- Must be in good health.
- Must be on a leash, harness or other type of restraint at all times.
To read more about the ADA’s definition of a service animal, click here.
- Must be in full control of the animal at all times. The care and supervision of the animal is solely the responsibility of the owner/partner.
- Must maintain reasonable service animal behavior (no barking, no lunging, no jumping on strangers, etc.) while at the conference. Owners of disruptive and/or aggressive service animals will be asked to remove them from the room. If the improper behavior happens repeatedly, the owner will be told to not bring the service animal into NEI conference rooms.
- Cleanliness of the service animal is mandatory. Consideration of others must be taken into account. The owner is expected to immediately clean and dispose of all animal waste.